We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us (including name, email address, contact numbers, and postal address)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
3. Data Protection Notice
The information provided by you will be held and processed by The Yard for the purposes of assessing your enquiry, and for record-keeping, analysis for marketing or advertising purposes, and for sending you newsletters and other information directly connected with the business of the The Yard.
The Yard will not pass on your personal details to anyone else without your prior consent. From time to time we issue marketing material or communications about The Yard. Should you wish to cease to receive marketing material or communication, please contact our office at any time via phone (0131 476 4506) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Other Disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk), and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
By law you are entitled to a copy of any 'personal data' (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) about you that The Yard holds.
If you wish to see this information at any time, you must make a written request. Please send this to email@example.com in the first instance. You will have to pay a fee of £10.
The Yard has a legal duty to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Please help to do this by immediately notifying us of any changes to your information.
8. Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold on you in return for the payment of a small fee and to require us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal data. Please contact us if you have any questions on our use of the information we hold about you.
22 Eyre Place Lane
Edinburgh EH3 5EH
We are open on
a drop-in basis Friday
on Saturdays year
round. We are open
6 days 10am-4pm
in school holidays.
0131 476 4506
Get here by bus
The number 8, 27
and 36 stop nearby
Click here for more